Monday, August 15, 2011

The CiuCiu Family

Dear Family & Friends


This week we baptized a Family of 4 children - The Ciuciu Family (pronounced choo choo like a train). They are Florin, Stelian Jr., Lorena Miriam, & Lavinia Jennifer Ciuciu. They are an absolute brilliant family. I'm so excited for them to join the church and live the gospel in their lives. The Clondalkin Ward is perfect for them as well. There is such a vibrant feeling of love and mutual respect for all. A General willingness to help with whatever a need may be, and a joy in service. The Ciuciu's carry that same joy of service and have insisted on sewing up the holes in my trousers and white shirts (Miriam and Jennifer, that is).
It's funny because Florin always talks about how great "Gypsy Women" are (as they are a family of travellers AKA Gypsys). He's always saying stuff like "Gypsy Women are the best cleaners" and "Gypsy women can do anything!". It's pretty comical, but I'm starting to believe him more and more. He actually insisted on them coming to clean the baptismal font themselves before their baptism... I've never seen a cleaner font in all my life!
Anyway, just so you know, they're 20, 18, and 17 (Miriam and Jennifer are twins) as named above, Eldest to youngest.

But it's been impressed even more upon my mind as of late the importance of this gift of the Holy Ghost which we have in our lives. When interrogated by the U.S. President and asked where our church differed from the religions of the day; Joseph Smith Jr. stated that we differed primarily in mode of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and that all other appendages could be summed up in the latter.
In teaching the Ciuciu's, I have enjoyed the Spirit's testifying witness, even when they have prayed in their native Gypsy tongue (Roma).
Elder Crittenden (my companion) had a friend who got excommunicated and stated that he had never been more scared in his entire life than when he no longer had the gift of the constant companionship of that third member of the Godhead.
I wonder, if we, who, being baptized from a young age and are use to the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit, ever take it for granted in our lives? I mean, do we realize just how much peace we feel from day to day is a part of that gift? Even when we don't necessarily pray for it?

Is it any wonder that the Lord spoke to us in D&C 58:26-27 and counseled us not be slothful but to be anxiously engaged. I mean, the Spirit gives us peace from the stresses of life, but do we sometimes let that slip into casualness? I don't know.

I've read recently Alma 5 where Alma asks us if we can feel to sing the song of redeeming love now? I try to think of who Alma would have been speaking to? Would he have been speaking to the mother with 3 children? The Fatherless house? The motherless home? The content family? or the anxious Priesthood holder?
I think he would have been speaking to everyone.. and.. the more I read this chapter the less I think Alma was rebuking them harshly, I think he was giving them counsel by which they could live their lives in a happier way. I mean, do we wake each morning appreciating that first full breath of air? Do we prepare ourselves Spiritually, Mentally, & Physically, to go out an make others' days better as a result of our influence there? Do we feel to sing the Song of Redeeming Love?

A speaker in Dumfries said it is the Love of God and Others that makes us Redeemable.
I think if it's hard for us to sing the Song of Redeeming Love in our lives, their might be just a few things that need changing.

Nevertheless, I have currently 30 29 28 27 26 seconds left on this computer.

I love you all so very much and pray for your continued well being and success.

Elder Stephen C Beacham