Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm District Leader

Dear Family & Friends
It is good to be back in Dublin. I love this city so much. It's been kind of amazing to come back and realize just how few people I remember. There was a stake activity just last Saturday and so I saw a lot of people from the Terenure ward. To my chagrin however, the meeting went more like "... hey... I think I know you, I remember your face kind of, what is your name again?". But... anyway- that's me! Memory of a goldfish!

Anyway, my new companion is Elder Crittenden and he is great! He has a crazy story. He was originally called to the Poland Mission... but as his time there progressed he felt he should be serving somewhere else, and as he prayed about it, he had a miraculous experience where he asked God if he were meant to move to another mission then he wanted God to have President Kapischke interview him (which Elder Kapischke did) and it turned out to be an amazing experience. He's actually been reassigned to the London South Mission, but he is having Visa issues, so he's serving in the Republic of Ireland for now, with me! He has submitted his paperwork for his visa so it should be just a matter of days before he gets it (afterwhich He will go on to London South and I will get a new companion halfway through transfers (probably a mini missionary).

Clondalkin is a wonderful place. If I ever told you about Elder Querubin (my district leader for a move in Glasgow), His parents live here, and are quite good people. There are actually quite a few phillipino families. It's interesting because I'm meeting a lot of people who are related to people that are members in Terenure. It's good fun. We're currently teaching a few people... the area was left rather.... dead! No real teaching pool, but that's okay... that's what I'm here for! I've found a trend on my mission thus far... pretty much as soon as I get a teaching pool of about 20 people, I'm moved :D.

Anyway, I can't really focus on too much to talk about, I suppose this week has been kind of a shock to the system, becoming District Leader and all... that's really crazy, I've traveled from Scotland to Ireland, then to Scotland and back to Ireland in a 72 hour period... I'm pooped.

Love you all so very much,
-Elder Stephen C Beacham

No comments:

Post a Comment