Monday, July 11, 2011

I was called as a district leader & I'm going back to Ireland!

Dear Family & Friends

I am not quite packed, but I will be prepared to be shipped off to Clondalkin, County Dublin, Ireland -This Wednesday! It's exciting to go back to Ireland, I feel a connection with it as the place where I started my mission. At the same time, some of the best months of my mission have been here in Scotland. I've been assigned to be District Leader (which I always found odd, moving to a place where you know nothing and then becoming DL) but I'm sure it's God's will, as the Spirit bore witness to it as President told me.

I'm sad to leave Dumfries as this has become a place very near and dear to my heart. Even some of the investigators whom we've struggled with for a long while have begun to make steady steps towards baptism and have even set their own date. It's always a bit heart wrenching to leave at times like this (as was the case with Glasgow) but I feel that this is more the case with the Lord's plans for me :D

Anyway, I can't really report much for things because I've just recovered from sickness (last Thursday) so we've only been out since Friday.

However, I suppose one miracle of note would be with Robert Kerr, a member here. We went to see a woman who wasn't in. However we saw a man walking down the street whom we had spoken to earlier and were able to go speak with him - turns out Robert Kerr knew him. After that Robert Kerr said "ah, that's funny, I was thinking about him just a couple weeks ago!"

After this we went back to the door of the woman's house and I began writing a note to say "sorry we missed you... blah blah blah blah.. give us a call.." Whilst I did this, Elder Stoica asked Robert Kerr about a man he has referred several years ago to the missionaries. Robert Kerr said he knew the man had moved, but had no clue where to. We then jumped in the car to go by a Less Active lady and as we got out of Robert's car someone yelled "Hey Robbie!" and it was the man we had just been speaking about no more than 5 minutes earlier!

We were able to go in, teach them, and invite them to be taught again, to which they both agreed!

So that's the miracle report for this week.

Love you all so much,

-Elder Stephen C Beacham

1 comment: